Sunday, June 19, 2011

On the Portland Waterfront: Bridge, Benches, and Boat

A couple of weeks ago, the Portland Urban Sketchers went downtown near RiverPlace to sketch. I didn't have my watercolors with me, so this week I went back and added some color and made a few more sketches. It was one of those perfect days complete with good sketching friends, baristas who posed for us, celebrating dragonboaters, friendly tourists, and absolutely gorgeous weather. We actually had shadows in Portland! Here are some sketches from the two days.

Sketch of Urban Sketcher

Same sketch but with color added later. She had to have her red hat!
A quick sketch of Urban Sketchers

In the shade of a cafe-watercolor added later

Dragon Boat head--I made a quick pen sketch of this and  later went over the lines and added watercolor. I took a few liberties with reality--but then, I guess I always do.

No comments: