Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Summer Sketches

 For the last several weeks we've had real summer weather here in the northwest, and I've spent quite a bit of it floating in an inner tube on a river. Needless to say, that's not conducive to sketching, but I have done a bit in the last month.

I experimented with shiny surfaces...


and painted art supplies...


I drew in a doctor's waiting room...

I went downtown and drew with sketching friends...


Portlandia sculpture

People watching an outdoor ballet rehearsal

I drew an Italian still life on a friend's patio...




 And I drew a little at our cabin on a river....




 Now, there's a chill in the air, so I think there'll be no more tube time for me this summer...but there should be more time for sketching--both are good.


2 comments:

helen said...

Love them all - the last blooms of summer. Some years I have had a rose or two as late as December. I don't think this is one of those years.

Vicky said...

Last blooms of summer--a good description, Helen. I wish I'd used it as the post title. Thanks for dropping by.