Sunday, January 27, 2013

Grab Bag

This post is made up of some sketches from the last month or so.

Our son got married recently. I sketched my very comfortable wedding shoes and a bag full of last minute supplies to take to the wedding: bandaids, safety pins, needle and thread, medicine, handywipes, extra pantyhose, and even more, including duct tape. Luckily, very few of the things were needed.


The Urban Sketchers Portland group had a sketchcrawl at Powell's recently. I sketched the sketchbook display on the top floor, ...


along with a few sketchers.

 
In the semi-darkness of Jimmy Mak's, I sketched some of the listeners...
and some of the Mel Brown Septet...



On a chilly day, sitting in the car, I sketched The Bakery Bar and colored it with markers.


And finally, today, I sketched a view from a window...



5 comments:

Katharine said...

The grab bag and shoes......very nice composition and great shading on the shoes. Love the guy at the piano with the red curtain backdrop. I always enjoy your sketches.

Vicky said...

Thank you, Katharine. I always enjoy your comments:)

helen said...

Congrats on your son's wedding. The shoes and bag are definitively ones I would have chosen! I like the view out the window a lot - it's like a painting. I have not heard of The Bakery Bar - must be a SW place!

deb rossi said...

Love your use of markers in the Bakery Bar and as a background for the piano player. Sorry to have missed the outing at Powells' ...both the book display and fellow sketchers are wonderful.

Vicky said...

Thank you so much, Deb.