Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring!!!

I'm planning to join a large group of Urban Sketchers for workshops this summer. I realized last time that I did this, I needed to pick up the pace in order to keep up with most of the group. This week, for training, I decided to try some quick and loose sketches.My first attempts at people were pretty awkward.



Then I tried to look quickly and remember as much as I could. It was fun and it got easier as I did more.
Luckily, it was a gorgeous day and everyone seemed to want to be outside. I sketched people eating and relaxing in Director Square. Then I sketched people walking by in the park blocks. I guess, I should say that I sketched "parts of people" since my visual memory isn't often strong enough to capture the whole person before they move out of range.











 Later, in our neighborhood park, I sketched sunbathers and walkers, and local flora and fauna.



The best thing about sketching people outside in the sun (besides being in the sun myself), is that when I wear my sunglasses for sketching, it's not as apparent that I'm looking at my subjects.
.................................................................................................................................................................

Here are a couple of quick and loose lilac sketches.





I wish I could send the wonderful fragrance along with the sketches.










2 comments:

Janene said...

Hi Vicky, What fun to see your quick sketches--you really rolled them out, didn't you!? Looks like you are getting the hang of it pretty well. Of course, I like the lilac sketches the best!

Vicky said...

Thank you, Janene.
When I went quickly, I really didn't have time to think. That has its pros and cons:)