Friday, August 30, 2013

Little Symposium Sketchbook

I've really loved a little handmade sketchbook we were given at the Urban Sketching Symposium. Had I known how precious it was, I probably wouldn't have leapt in and used it for quick little gesture sketches, but once I had, there was no stopping. The paper is wonderful for watercolor and ink and it's just the right size for slipping into a purse. I've been trying to practice some of the things I learned at the symposium: sketching quickly, going across the whole page (including the center gutter) and using white space.

I've used it for drawing at the market...


...drawing around town...



...drawing flowers at home...





...and for doing quick still lives...






I'm going to be pretty disappointed when this sketchbook is filled--except for the fact that I have lots of good summer memories inside.


No comments: