Sunday, February 9, 2014

First Snow of the Year in Snowlandia

Here in Portland, after three days of snow and one of ice, we're watching it begin to melt. The snow was beautiful and fun; the ice is also beautiful, but not so fun. Luckily, we've kept our power and no huge ice-laden branches have fallen on our house. We have everything we need, so all is well. 

This morning, my eye was drawn to these diagonal icicles on the rhododendron outside the living room window. I couldn't figure out how some of them were diagonal until we realized that the branch had broken or bent after the icicles formed.



I really haven't had much practice drawing snow and ice scenes, but I was inspired to give it a try.

 I haven't had much practice drawing dogs either (as noted by the extra large head), but we're happily dog sitting this weekend. Paisley was a willing model as she napped in her vest.

I hope everyone is warm, cozy and as relaxed as this dog. And if not, here's a little glimpse of what is ahead for us this spring...

No comments: