Monday, April 6, 2015

Urban Sketching

We've had some nice weather days lately, making it really pleasant to get out for a sketch.
Some sketching friends and I nabbed a picnic table with a view of Pittock Mansion one direction


and a view of Portland and Mt. Hood from the other direction.
It was a gorgeous day and lots of people were enjoying the view. We got in some sunshine, some sketching and I had my first picnic of the year. 


The leaves are starting to come out on the trees. The Fields is a new park and the plantings are still immature, but someday those trees will provide shade around the wide open space. When I sketched this, I was glad for the sunshine.



I drive by this apartment building several times a week because it's by my gym, and the other day, there was finally a parking space directly across from it. It's always odd for me to see palm trees in Portland, but there are several around town that have managed to survive for years.








No comments: