Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Creation and Destruction

I painted a few wreaths...


This was my first one, which has a loose feel to it, but doesn't look like it would hang well.


After painting them, I decided to add shadows, thereby ruining each of them. Luckily, I had scans and one of them became a Christmas card.
.........................................................................

I liked our freeform centerpiece and tried several times to paint it.  


The cedar seemed always to look too much like feathers...


Then, I made one that I almost liked. I made a scan, overworked the page and ended up gluing paper over the damage. Luckily, I had the scan.


This one, I haven't destroyed yet...

...except for eating the muffin.
............................................................................................................


I'm not sure whether or not I liked this better before I added the apple tree branches on the right,  but it doesn't matter, because this is what stays. I didn't make a scan.

 

No comments: