Sunday, June 16, 2013

Portland's Lush Greenery

Portland is known for being rainy and all that rain makes it a very green city. This spring, everything seems to be growing rapidly. At home, we keep pruning and pruning and still the shrubbery gets thicker and taller. Here's some of the greenery from around town.

This was sketched beneath the trees at the PSU Farmers Market

 The next two, were sketched while on a sketchcrawl with the Urban Sketchers of Portland. I made these in the alleys, surrounded by shrubbery and compost bins--probably with prunings inside.


I'm not complaining. I'm very happy to live in such a green city.

3 comments:

Janene said...

I love all of the shades of green in your sketches--very fitting for Portland! I just can't get enough of the alley sketches, I keep going back to them for more!

Vicky said...

Janene, thank you so much for your comment. I really love those alleys, hidden behind the scenes, but with life going on there, too.
It was great to see you at the sketch crawl. I hope to see you at more to come.

helen said...

Thanks for visting my bog. After all that rain we had, it really is green. But if the past few days are any indication, those days are over and yellow grass will be here toon! I like the sunshine but 80's would suit me just fine!