Tuesday, December 11, 2018

December 2017

A year ago I abandoned this blog. I didn't really intend to, but once there was a gap, I never filled it. I've decided that I like having an archive of my sketches more than what's on Instagram, so I'm going to fill in the missing months. Then, when I'm really, really old and looking back over this, I won't wonder what happened to the missing sketches.



The Portland Urban Sketchers had a very cold sketch crawl in Pioneer Square. I drew the courthouse and the tree, but some actually set up and drew an outdoor still life. We made it through by getting large cups of hot tea or coffee and making periodic trips inside to warm up.









 I tried out some Christmas card ideas, but they didn't make the cut.



I tapped into my Scandinavian roots...


Winter Solstice is always kind of magical.


My sister sent me a bag that was similar to a sketch I did last year.






We figure we need all the luck we can muster for the coming year...



No comments: