Monday, December 31, 2018

September 2018: Dublin

The first (jet-lagged) sketch in Dublin: St. Patrick's Cathedral. I think it helps to sketch something complicated while jet-lagged. It seems to realign the braincells more quickly.:)


Same park...


Still wobbly at dinner at the Fish Shack...


Sketching outside the Chester Beatty Library where Michael Martin, a passer-by told me I could get a few quid for this drawing and "someone could enjoy it on their wall." We had a nice chat and he gave me a pencil. 


Another view from our local park...


I sketched the very modern Bird Gais Energy Theater with the Dublin sketchers. It was sunny, but I was freezing, with my scarf wrapped around my head, shivering in the wind.  I heard someone say, "It's a perfect day for sketching in Dublin." They were a charming group and we gathered to share sketchbooks and chat in a nearby pub.




Again, outside of the Chester Beatty Library...


I love the ever-changing cloud shows in Dublin's skies...





            A beautiful stained glass window, 'The Mother of Sorrows', by Harry Clarke, 1926.
                                                      National Gallery of Ireland.









No comments: