Friday, October 7, 2011

Cloudy with a Chance of Sketching

Altostratus, Altocumulus, Nimbostratus, Stratocumulus, Cumulonimbus...

I didn't see any bows and flows of angel hair, or ice cream castles in the air, but there were plenty of clouds this week. Between rainstorms, I sketched the last of a community garden. Even though sunflowers are spectacular in August, I really prefer them in the fall when they're bedraggled and worn.



Today, I went to the Teahouse at Lan Su Chinese Garden to sketch (and eat) with friends.





On the way out of the garden, I did some gesture drawings of a lovely woman doing Tai Chi in the puddles.




So many things I would have sketched...but clouds (with rain) got in the way.

(with apologies to Joni Mitchell)

4 comments:

evensketchier said...

The teahouse is great! I love the little dishes of food that you painted. Great job on the gestures of the person doing tai-chi. I like the light swathe of paint just behind the gestures. .

Vicky said...

Thank you, Marco!

Don McNulty said...

You might like a book entitled "Picassos One Liners"

Vicky said...

Don, thank you for the book idea. I read about it online and now I'm really eager to get it from our library. I love the one-liner of the dachsund. Brilliant!