Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Challenge


The Portland Urban Sketchers have a Scavenger Hunt Challenge going on. The idea is to sketch the Portland places, people and  things on the list and post them to the blog before September. There's a prize, but the fun part is trying to sketch everything.


I was downtown today and had some time to wait, so I pulled out my sketchbook and scavenger list and decided to go for the fountain. As a retired teacher, it seemed appropriate to sketch the Teachers' Fountain in Director Square. I don't know that I've ever actually seen any teachers in the fountain.



The sun came out and I got a quick glance at some shadows before leaving. I added the color at home. 

That's one Urban Sketcher Challenge down and several more sketches to go!

             

2 comments:

helen said...

So much new stuff downtown...have to get there soon. These are really lovely.

Vicky said...

I agree that there's new stuff all the time. I'm glad we have google-street view to look up what used to be there. Thank you for your comment.