Saturday, May 4, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

I went to the Cinco de Mayo festival with another sketcher on Friday. We got there as it opened and families started wandering in. Everything looked organized and polished and ready to go. Some of the delicious smells of food cooking were already being carried in the breeze.


The ferris wheel towers over all the tents and other rides. I always like looking at the riders when I cross the Morrison Bridge.

I stole this composition idea from Deb. Her's is better http://reason2draw.blogspot.com

 We sketched the Artisan Village to the accompaniment of children playing their newly purchased bird whistles.


We were in the main tent for the Naturalization Ceremony where many new citizens were sworn in. Proud family members and friends snapped photos.


Later, we sketched Caesar, a musician who played several different flutes, pipes and rattles.


It was my first time going to the Cinco de Mayo festival, but I'll definitely return again. It was a lovely way to spend a gorgeous day.



2 comments: