Thursday, May 30, 2013

Festival of Flowers. etc.

I walked through Pioneer Courthouse Square today and saw the display of flowers. I wasn't sure if it was finished, because I couldn't tell what the design was until I saw the sign, Tattoo Portland...


and then it became clearer...


There were tables and chairs set up in the design, so I sat and drew this sketch between rain showers.


Here are a couple of miscellaneous sketches from May.




(There seem to be quite a few blog appearances of the blue checked tablecloth this month.)

The strawberries are scrumptious this year and the lettuces are gigantic because of all the rain.



3 comments:

helen said...

The festival of flowers looks spectacular.

Thanks for checking out my recent pic - I think they did a nice job on the park area . I hope the old rundown building in the background stays around for a long time.

Dailysketches said...

Vicky,
I really like the market fruit & veggies.
The Japanese Garden sketches are wonderful and
Your lanterns look so lovely.
That was a wonderful day,wasn't it?

Vicky said...

Thanks so much, Linda. I agree, it was a wonderful day. We should go there again sometime.