Tuesday, January 25, 2011

30th Worldwide Sketchcrawl

Saturday was the day of the 30th Worldwide Sketchcrawl and the Portland Urban Sketchers were out in the South Park blocks area. We gathered first at Boyd's Coffee, and did some warm-up sketches.


This was a good opportunity for me to go to the Art Museum to finish my pages in the group sketchbook. I did some sketching in the sculpture garden...




... and then headed into the Native American section inside.
I had to make a return trip the next day to get some of the colors right on the mask.


And then I sketched some pieces from my favorite exhibit of artifacts. (I'll have to look up the actual artist name and title.) I like the shadows that are cast on the wall, too. The colors are not accurate, since I added them later at home and just chose some colors for the ones I couldn't remember.



And now I'm caught up on blogging and won't be back until I've sketched some more!

No comments: