Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Day 26: Hanno the Wooden Gorilla

Since starting this daily sketching, I often notice something during the day that I plan to sketch later. I think about it and sometimes even plan how I might draw it. Today, being a busy day of shopping and errands, inspiration didn't come until later when I spotted Hanno, the wooden gorilla, sitting on a shelf. I  propped him on a yoga block and thought that since he has so many flat planes, he would be good for shading practice.





After one sketch, I wanted to do another and then another.  I have a feeling that this gorilla will appear again. After all, Van Gogh painted his postman at least seven times and I need a lot more practice than Van Gogh!

3 comments:

Dailysketches said...

Very funny! I like the one in the middle.
Just proves that anything is sketch able!

deb rossi said...

Wonderful...I love this Gorilla too. He has such personality....or it could be how you have posed him.

Vicky said...

Thank you Linda and Deb.